Scallion Pancakes-Two Ways
An easy 4 ingredient scallion pancake recipe
For the Scallion Pancakes
For the soy dipping sauce
low sodium soy sauce
For the breakfast version
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
Put an oven safe 8-9 inch skillet in the oven.
When the oven is heated reduce to 425 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, milk, egg. Use a whisk to mix until the batter is well combined. Add the scallions and mix the batter again.
Let the batter rest for 20 minutes.
Add the butter to the hot pan and let it melt.
Pour the batter in the pan and place the pan in the oven.
Cook for 20-25 minutes.
The dutch baby will puff up in the oven but quickly deflate when you take it out-that's okay.
10. While the pancake is cooking, make the dipping sauce. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and honey.
11. Transfer the pancake to a plate.
12. If using the dipping sauce, cut the pancake into 4's.
13. If you are going the breakfast route, add the cheese and avocado to the pancake.
14. Fry an egg and place it on top of the scallion pancake
15. Enjoy either way! or Both!