Single serve rustic pie, do you need to know anything else about this recipe?
of course… you can top it with ice cream!
It’s clear that I love galette’s both savory and sweet! But this recipe brings it to another level. I mean who doesn’t love personal pies, even personal pizza pies. Strawberries and rhubarb are typically the natural tart and sweet pairing, but as long as you really love the tart part, raspberries and rhubarb are just as delicious. What is also special about this recipe is the culinary grade rose petals in the crust (inspired by Kale & Caramel!) And of course don’t forget a mini scoop of ice cream on top.
Raspberry Rhubarb Rose Galette
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup butter cold, cubed
- 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp culinary grade dried rose petals
- 2 stalks rhubarb
- 10 oz frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 12 pistachios crushed
- vanilla ice cream
In a large bowl, add both flours, butter, greek yogurt, and sugar. Use a fork or a pastry cutter to combine ingredients.
Add the water to the bowl and continue to combine. Once combined add the rose petals.
Place the dough on plastic wrap and wrap tightly, place in refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add parchment paper to a baking sheet.
After an hour/night, take out the dough. Flour your surface and split the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll out the 4 pieces.
Move each piece to a baking sheet.
Chop the rhubarb. Add the rhubarb and frozen raspberries into a small pot. On medium heat cook until the raspberries and rhubarb become more of a jam texture. Add sugar and continue to mix.
Shell the pistachios and chop into fine pieces.
Add the raspberry rhubarb to the center of each piece of dough. Sprinkle pistachios.
Pinch the s
- Rose petals: If you can’t find culinary grade rose petals, feel free to leave those out, it will be just as good!
- Rhubarb: if its past rhubarb season than add your next favorite raspberry pairing!
- Raspberries: if you are finding this recipe in winter, go head an person galette with winter fruit, pears and cranberries sound delicious!
- Pistachios: nut free? just skip the pistachios!
Be sure to follow figsandflour on instagram and tag your recipes with#figsandflour! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the Figs & Flour Facebook page. I would love to see what you are cooking in your kitchen!