I have love chocolate, sweets, and candy as much as the next girl, but beautiful smoothie bowls make me just as happy.
I have had a pitaya (or dragon fruit) smoothie bowl on my list of recipes to develop for a long time, but hadn’t fit it into my ingredient of the week scheduling. But when I started to think about what treats to make for Valentine’s Day, I knew the bright pink color of dragon fruit would be perfect!
So this Valentine’s Day, ditch the chocolate for a pretty in pink smoothie bowl, just kidding chocolate and flowers are always a good idea.
Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
because Valentine's Day doesn't only have to be about chocolate
– 3/4 cup of frozen pitaya
– 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
– 4 TBSP nonfat greek yogurt
– 4 TBSP almond milk
– 1/4 granola
– 1 TBSP chia seeds
– 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
– some fresh raspberries
- In a blender or food processor add the frozen pitaya and raspberries. Add the yogurt and milk one tablespoon at a time until its the consistency you want.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Add granola, chia seeds, pomegranate seeds, and raspberries to the bowl.
Be sure to follow figsandflour on instagram and tag your recipes with #figsandflour! You can also follow the Figs & Flour Facebook page. I would love to see what you are cooking in your kitchen!