Why eat traditional potato latkes, when you can have a different latke every night of Hannukah!
This year, I used my spiralizer to make latkes with white potatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchini, and butternut squash! 4 different veggies endless combinations. I went for traditional, sweet potato, white & sweet potato, zucchini & potato with scallions, and sweet potato and butternut squash.
Spiralized Veggie & Potato Latkes
a twist on the traditional latke
- 1 potato, sweet potato, zucchini, 1/2 small butternut squash
- 1/4 cup of white onions, chopped
- 2 TBSP whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 egg, whisked – scallions (optional)
- 1. Spiralize potatoes or veggies or both
- If you are using white potatoes, keep the spiralized potatoes in ice cold water.
- Use a paper towel to dry the potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the spiralized veggies, onions, flour, and egg.
- In a large skillet on medium to high heat, add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Form 2 small patties and add them to the pan. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Rest on paper towels while you cook the remaining latkes.
And then, the next morning, top your latkes with cheese, avocado, and eggs!