Broccoli is going out with a bang this week! If you are cooking your recipes in sync with me, you are likely up to your ears in broccoli and today is no exception. Today I am sharing a pizza with a crust made from… you guessed it, Broccoli! Yes, I know this is slightly unorthodox, but hear me out. Remember when rice cauliflower was all the rage, well now you can also buy riced broccoli! So great, I know! Well that got me thinking, if you can make cauliflower crust pizza, why not make broccoli crust pizza. And so… I did.
So to stick with a green pizza theme, I decided to only top this pizza with green things! This is where an arugula pesto, baby broccoli, zucchini ribbons, and more arugula comes into play. And because I am not completely insane, there is plenty of cheese too! now, that would just be downright crazy!
Super Greens Pizza
greens on greens on greens
– 2 cups of riced Broccoli – 1 clove of garlic, minced – 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded – 1 egg, beaten – 1 cup of arugula – 1/4 cup sunflower seeds – 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese – 2 TBSP olive oil – 2 oz of fresh mozzarella balls – 1/2 cup of baby broccoli – 1/2 cup zucchini, spiralized – 1 cup arugula
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rice broccoli (or better yet buy riced broccoli)
- Put the broccoli in the microwave for 8 minutes
- Add the garlic,1/2 a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and egg into a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the broccoli mixture onto the parchment paper. Use the back of a wooden spoon to evenly spread our the mixture into a circle.
- Bake the broccoli crust in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. Add the arugula, sunflower seeds, Parmesan, and olive oil to a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Next, in a small sauce pan add a tsp of olive oil, broccoli, and spiralized zucchini. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- When the crust is done, spread the pesto on broccoli crust. Top the mozzarella balls on the crust and then add the broccoli and zucchini.
- Add the pizza back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out the pizza and top with fresh arugula.
- Enjoy warm!