Thanksgiving in my family is all about quantity and quality, it’s a true marathon.
In order to achieve some semblance of balance and moderation. I like to eat mostly veggies and taste a bit of everything else, while still saving plenty of room for dessert, or that’s at least my game plan going into the day.
So far, I have shared a healthy salad and vegetable side dish. This recipe is one to splurge on. I even added…
wait for it…
The true star of these mashed potatoes is by far the truffle oil. I just love truffle oil. I would like to eat everything truffle flavored.
There is a restaurant in Boston (also Washington, DC) and a few more locations that serves a dish served with a truffle vinaigrette. It was the most delicious vinaigrette I have ever tasted. I wanted to bottle it and take it home.
Back to these potatoes. The point is they have truffle oil, therefore they are amazing.
Truffle Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
the only mashed potatoes you'll ever need.
– 8 small red potatoes – 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese – 2-3 tsp of truffle oil (1 tsp at a time) – 2 TBSP butter
- Scrub and wash potatoes, pierce with a fork.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- When the water is boiling, add the potatoes. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the water and mash the potatoes.
- Add the butter and Parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Add the truffle oil 1 tsp at a time until it reaches a flavor you love.
- Enjoy warm!