Miso and Tahini are great on their own, but when you mix them together, something magical happens.
It’s got to be the salty sweet combination that has us instantly craving more. So when it covered a bed of arugula and veggies its fine to have just a little more! This salad is great for cooler fall days when you are looking for something more than just a salad. The warm mushrooms and squash make all the difference.
And if you are like me and want to bring this salad to work? I’ve got it all figured out. Pack the arugula separately from the squash and mushrooms. That way you can heat up the veggies before adding them to your arugula. Dress the salad for the ultimate #notsaddesklunch
Warm Delicata Squash & Mushroom Miso Tahini Salad
a warm hearty salad for cooler nights
- 1 small-medium Delicata squash, sliced 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cups of arugula
- 2 TBSP cashews, halved Miso-Tahini Vinaigrette
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 TBSP warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the squash into 1/2 inch round slices
- Scoop out the seeds from the centers
- Drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a small sautee pan add the mushrooms and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- To make the Miso-Tahini Vinaigrette: Add garlic, miso, tahini, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and water into a jar. Shake the jar into all the ingredients are combined.
- To assemble the salad, add the mushrooms, squash, and cashews to a bed of arugula. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of the miso-tahini vinaigrette on top.