Do you ever come home after a long day of work and want something cheesy? That’s a rhetorical question right. The answer is always. Sometimes I just go for cheese (and a glass of wine) but other times you can add some vegetables to your cheese and call it a Pizza! This flatbread is ready in under 30 minutes by using a pre-made flatbread and highlights the best fall squash has to offer.
Delicata Squash & Mushroom Flatbread
easy weeknight dinner ready in under
- Flatbread (I bought one at Trader Joes)
- 3 oz of Fontina Cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium delicata squash, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of onion
- a couple sprigs of sage
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the squash into 1/2 inch round slices
- Scoop out the seeds from the centers
- Drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a small sautee pan add the mushrooms and onions.
- Sautee for about 5-8 minutes.
- When the squash is ready, add the cheese to the flatbread, top with mushrooms.
- Cook in the oven for 3-5 more minutes.
- Sautee the sprigs of sage and sprinkle on top when you pull the flatbreak out of the oven.