Cauliflower is is one of the most versatile vegetables. I have featured it as pizza, rice, bread stick, mashed potatoes and now as steak. Seriously cauliflower knows no bounds. But you are probably thinking steak.. how can a vegetable be steak? Well let me show you.
I first had cauliflower at Dig Inn when they opened a restaurant in Boston. It was seriously amazing. And the crazy thing is, it’s really filling as like steak. The cauliflower steak was part of their summer menu, i think it came with a pistachio sauce, but since its fall, I created the quintessential fall sauce to pair with my version of cauliflower steak.
Cauliflower Steak with Pumpkin Tahini Dressing and Pistachios
yes I did say Cauliflower Steak
- – 1 head of cauliflower
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced – salt to taste – 1 tbsp tahini – 1 TBSP pumpkin puree – 1 tsp maple syrup – juice of half a lemon – 1-2 tsp of water – TBSP crushed pistachios
- Cut the cauliflower through the center in 2-3 steaks. The number of steaks depends on how much it crumbles.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and garlic. Add the cauliflower steaks season lightly with salt.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- To make the dressing add the tahini, pumpkin, maple syrup and lemon juice into a small bowl.
- Mix well until combined. Add water if its too thick.
- To serve, spread dressing over cauliflower, add crushed pistachios on top.