Today’s date says the first day of fall but today’s wether (per usual) says the dog days of summer. I am thoroughly confused. I want to enjoy cider donuts and pumpkin spice lattes, but in reality I am still drinking iced coffee.
When you’re in this dilemma, apple chai spice overnight oats is truly the perfect solutions. All the fall flavors we love in cold form. Sign me up!
Apple Chai Spice Overnight Oats
the perfect fall breakfast when the weather still feels like summer
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Soy Milk
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp cinnamon, + a pinch to sprinkle at the end
- 1 pinch all spice
- 1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 1 TBSP slivered almonds
- 1 tsp honey
- In a jar of tupperware, add the oats, soy milk, and spices.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Add the yogurt and mix well until incorporated.
- Top with apples, cinnamon, almonds,and honey.
Be sure to follow figsandflour on instagram and tag your recipes with#figsandflour! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the Figs & Flour Facebook page. I would love to see what you are cooking in your kitchen!