Many of you have asked, when I am choosing avocado for ingredient of the week. Let’s be honest… Avocado is the ingredient of every week. Now that I think of it, I honestly can’t think of a week that I haven’t shared a recipe with an avocado. It’s hard to believe they have only been the hot trend for a couple years. I never want to stop eating these beauties.
So how to do you make guacamole even better… you add, grilled corn, grilled onions, and Cotija cheese. Now were talking. And with these ingredients its perfectly okay to eat guacamole for a meal.
Grilled Corn Guacamole
as if it was possible to make guacamole any better
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 large slice, red onion (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 & 1/2 limes
- 1/4 cup of Cotija
- salt, to taste
- Grill the corn and red onion on a grill plate for 4 minutes on each side.
- When the corn and onion cool off, cut the corn off the cob, and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Chop the cilantro. 4. In a small bowl, mash the avocado.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, and red onion to the avocado.
- Add the corn, and cotija to the guacamole.
Be sure to follow figsandflour on instagram and tag your recipes with#figsandflour! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the Figs & Flour Facebook page. I would love to see what you are cooking in your kitchen!