Mexican Elote is the bomb.com. Where has it been my whole life. I seriously just discovered it last year. But the whole issue with Elote is Mayonnaise. Mayonnaise is something I use sparingly if at all. There is just really no “good for you: ingredients to be found. But there is no reason you cannot sub mayonnaise for other delicious spreads. Today I am sharing versions with avocado, tahini, and garlic hummus.
So this version is not only healthier, it honestly has a lot more flavor.
Healthier Mexican Elote Three Ways
Hummus, Tahini, and Avocado are subbed for traditional mayonnaise
- 3 ears of corn
- 1/2 an avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 TBSP of garlic hummus
- 2 TBSP of tahini
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1/3 cup of Cotija
- Cut each ear of corn into three pieces.
- Take skewers and insert them into the center of the corn. 3. On a grill or grill plate, grill the pieces of corn for 5-8 minutes. 4. Add the avocado and lime juice into a blender. Pulse until creamy. 5. Chop cilantro and crumble the Cotija.
- To make the avocado elote. Spread the avocado mixture on three pieces of corn. Sprinkle paprika, cotija, and cilantro over all sides of the corn.
- To make the garlic hummus elote. Spread the garlic hummus on three pieces of corn. Sprinkle paprika, cotija, and cilantro over all sides of the corn.
- To make the tahini elote. Spread the tahini on three pieces of corn. Sprinkle paprika, cotija, and cilantro over all sides of the corn.
Is it just me or does Cacique make you think of Aaron Sanchez from Chopped. And do you watch Chopped Marathons for days on end? I am not judging… guilty as charged.
Be sure to follow figsandflour on instagram and tag your recipes with#figsandflour! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the Figs & Flour Facebook page. I would love to see what you are cooking in your kitchen!