Cheddar Corn Cakes. I cannot stop eating these. They are very addicting. I think the cheddar, cilantro, scallion combination is perfect.
Cheddar Corn Cakes
Baked Not Fried, it's the perfect way to use up lots of corn
- 2 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 2 scallions
- 2 oz of cheddar
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs – 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchement paper. 3. On a grill or grill plate, grill the two ears of corn. 4. Chop the cilantro, scallions, and cheddar. 5. When the corn is grilled to your liking, and cooled, cut the corn off the cob.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the corn, cilantro, scallions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and 2 eggs.
- In a wooden bowl, mix the ingredients together.
- Form small balls with your hand and place them on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then flip to the other side for 2 minutes.
These cheddar corn cakes even make the perfect breakfast. Just mash some avocado and add a soft boiled egg (like 6 minutes) and you have the perfect weekend breakfast treat!
Be sure to follow figsandflour on instagram and tag your recipes with#figsandflour! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the Figs & Flour Facebook page. I would love to see what you are cooking in your kitchen!