no words. what is there to dislike?
flaky dough-no (well it’s half whole wheat-if you need to complain)
kale walnut pesto-no (unless you have to complain about kale)
but pretty much there is nothing to complain about. it’s just that awesome. And the best part is that you don’t have to wait for the dough for the galette to rise, it just needs an hour or so to chill!
so if you are still wondering, yes you can make this tonight! go do it!
Fig & Burrata Galette with Kale Walnut Pesto
figs, burrata, and pesto wrapped into a flaky whole wheat crust.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1 cup of kale
- 2 TBSP walnuts
- 2 TBSP parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP (+ 1 more if needed) olive oil
- 1 4 oz ball of burrata -4 figs sliced in 4
– 1/2 cup of flour – 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl, add both flours, butter, and greek yogurt. use a fork or a pastry cutter to combine ingredients.
- Add the water to the bowl and continue to combine.
- Place the dough on plastic wrap and wrap tightly, place in refrigerate for an hour.
- Make the pesto. Add the kale, walnuts, Parmesan, and 2 TBSP of olive oil to a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add the extra olive oil if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After an hour, take out the dough, flour your surface, roll out until 1/2 inch thick.
- Carefully transfer dough to baking shset.
- Spread the kale walnut pesto on the dough.
- Spread the burrata over the pesto.
- Slice the figs, place over the burrata.
- Fold up the sides of the sides of the dough, pressing the edges together lightly.
- Bake in the over for 35-40 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!