How do you feel about herbs in your salad? Sometimes I am cool with it sometimes it a little too much. In today’s salad, I feel like I got a good proportion down… 2 cups lettuce 2 tbsp herbs.
Sometimes, I create a dish and I am like this is delicious. But that’s about all I have to say. This one one of those times. Help! writers block.
Now that I am more than 6 months in. I am trying to learn more techniques behind blogging and photography. Lately, I have been trying to understand lighting. I have mostly used natural light but I am trying to understand where to place extra light in order to enhance the photo without adding shadows. (I have always had this issue with a shadow on the bottom right corner that I can’t seem to eliminate). Anyone have good resources, let me know!
Cherry & Grilled Corn Salad
Celebrate the best of summer with this cherry & grilled corn salad
- 1/2 cup grilled corn, cut off the cob
- 8 cherries, halved, pits removed
- 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
- 2 cups of Arugula
- 2 TBSP cilantro
- 2 TBSP feta
- 2 TBSP Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Grill a piece of corn on the cobb outside or on a grill corn.
- Slice cherries in half remove the pit.
- Slice avocado
- In a medium bowl, mix together the arugula and cilantro.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Add the corn, cherries, avocado, and feta to the salad bowl.
- Add the dressing (see recipe below)
I shared the Honey Lime Vinaigrette recipe with my Blueberry, Feta, and Mint Salad with Salmon.
who doesn’t love “things organized neatly”
Be sure to follow figsandflour on instagram and tag your recipes with#figsandflour! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the Figs & Flour Facebook page. I would love to see what you are cooking in your kitchen!