Warning! These zucchini fries are addicting and the whipped feta dip only adds to the problem.
I made these fries for the first time a few weeks ago. I was staying in town for the weekend (which hasn’t happened in a while), so I wanted to take advantage of the extra time to test a lot of recipes. That leaves only one problem…who is going to eat it all? So I invited all my friends over to taste test the recipes with me. And although they liked everything (really, I promise they did), these fries were the first to go!
If you cook them for 16 minutes they end up nice and crisp. And the feta dip could not be easier to make. It’s just non fat plain greek yogurt and low fat feta, that’s it !
Crispy zucchini fries are as addicting as the real thing!
- 2 zucchini’s
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 TBSP Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of non fat greek yogurt
- 4 oz of low-fat feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the zucchini’s in half and then slice each half lengthwise into 4-5 strips. You should have between 16-20 strips.
- Beat an egg in a small bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and garlic powder to a plate and mix together gently with a fork.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
- One by one, dip the zucchini into the eggs and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Repeat this step until all zucchini are coated.
- Place the zucchini in the oven for 16 minutes.
- To make the whipped feta dip: add 1/2 cup of non fat greek yogurt and 4 oz of low-fat feta cheese.
- Pulse in a food processor until incorporated and smooth.
- Enjoy zucchini fries warm.
Be sure to follow figsandflour on instagram and tag your recipes with#figsandflour! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the Figs & Flour Facebook page. I would love to see what you are cooking in your kitchen!
2 thoughts on “Zucchini Fries with Whipped Feta Dip”
Great pictures!! This looks delicious!!!! Definetly have to make this!